- Creates off the dribble well, going L or R
- Quick-release off the bounce from 3
- A crafty finisher in the lane (Floaters and Runners)
- Good in the PnR ? he makes good pocket or crosscourt corner passes
- Physically strong ? uses his frame to get through screens/picks.
- Plays angles and passing lanes well for steals
- Lacks lateral quickness on the defensive
- Turnover prone at times ? over dribbles in the lane ? push-offs on the perimeter
- Poor shot selection ? can take bad deep 3?s
- Has a fluffy body ? needs to tone up and add muscle definition
- Gets emotional and can lose focus
Lu?Cye reminds me a lot of Khalid El-Amin and Mateen Cleaves for body type reasons at first glance, they all are on the heavier side for the point guard position. However, when taking a closer look he also has a knack for scoring the ball like Khalid and uses his body well to gain position like Mateen. Lu?Cye can create his own shot off the dribble to get into the lane or pull-up from the 3pt line. He is great in PnR action, as he likes to snake around the pick to the open spot in the mid-range to get his jumper or runner off while also making good pocket and crosscourt corner passes. He is quicker than he looks and plays with a great change of speed to keep defenders off-balance, which keeps him in the lane. He does struggle to guard quicker point guards but what I noticed is he will guard the shooting guard. He may give up a few inches in height but his natural strength makes up for that. He also can be a bit loose with the ball as he tends to over dribble when he does not have an opening for a shot. He can play in a Power conference but it would need to be the right fit for him to thrive.
Nike EYBL - Emerson, GA - 4/27/2019
Crafty PG that doesn't look the part, but will give you buckets if not paid attention to. He loves to shoot a 3pt jumper off the dribble or catch and shoot. Very good passer and can get into the lane at will.
TSF Invitational - Norcross, GA - 11/23 & 24/2019
Shoots it well off the dribble from 3, very crafty with the ball in his hands. Can finish in the lane with floaters & runners. A little on the stocky side but I think that helps him create to get by defenders.
Nike EYBL Stats 2019:
10.2 PTS || 3.4 REB || 3.0 AST || 0.8 STL || 47.5 FG% || 40.0 3P%